The Financial Controller role is responsible for the completion of all financial activities of Lubicon Lake Band to ensure the performance and productivity of Band Operations. The successful candidate must be motivated and have a strong ability to mentor, coach and develop staff on financial processes and best practices.
- Ensure that financial matters are monitored according to policy and Council directives;
- Preparation of an annual budget for all departments and projects of the Lubicon Lake Band and work closely with the Auditor to ensure the timely completion of the annual Audited Financial Statement for submission to funding sources;
- Oversee the preparation of payroll for all employees in a timely and accurate manner;
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of all government reports and remittances such asT4’s, ROE’s and CRA payroll remittances. Ensure the submission of the GST Rebate application on an annual basis;
- Oversee and ensure the accurate and timely preparation of all remittances and reports for the Benefit and Pension Plans.
- Oversee and ensure the accurate and timely entry and payment of all Accounts Payable;
- Oversee and ensure the accurate recording and receipt of all accounts receivable
- Ensure the reconciliation of all bank accounts within the Lubicon Lake Band;
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts monthly;
- Ensure that financial transactions are coded correctly in the General Ledger and provide Managers and Funding Sources financial statements and information required for all reporting;
- Make recommendations to the Chief and Council on policy questions pertaining to financial matters;
- Act as the representative of Lubicon Lake Band to its financial institutions and other parties as required;
- Oversee and ensure all financial records are filed in a timely manner for quick and easy retrieval of records when required;
- Provide direction, mentorship and advice to all financial staff within the Lubicon Lake Band;
- The Project Implementation Committee oversees the completion of all infrastructure and assets being constructed as per the Capital Agreement signed with Canada in 2018. The Financial Controller position is a non-voting member of this committee and must attend semi-monthly meetings, either in person or by video conference, to submit invoices for approval, forward approved invoices for payment and ensure that payment is made.
- Other related duties as necessary
- Must possess patience and tact dealing with employees, supervisors, community members and other pertinent stakeholders;
- Must possess ability to deal with multiple priorities at one time and be organized;
- Effective written and verbal skills
- Must be proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other related computer programs
- A designation of Chartered Accountant is preferred; however, related experience may be considered
- Extensive experience with reporting on Federal and Provincial Funding is a must
- Good organizational and time management skills
- The ability to demonstrate professionalism
- Ability and willingness to travel is required
- Fully understanding of Freedom of Information and Protection Act (FOIP)
- Personal integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- The ability to work independently or as a part of a team
- Strong self-motivation with ability to multitask
Wages; Dependent on qualifications and experience.
About Lubicon Lake Band #453
This position is located at the Lubicon Lake Band Office in Little Buffalo, Alberta. Working remotely from another location with minimal attendance at the office is a possibility. Normal working hours are from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday to Friday. Travel and working on weekends and evenings may be required.
How to Apply
Please drop off or send cover letter & resume to:
Marina (Casper) Gladue, Executive Assistant, Lubicon Lake Band Office or via fax at 780-629-2473
Or email: email@example.com
This job ad will remain until a suitable candidate is found.