The Kee Tas Kee Now Tribal Council (KTC) is comprised of the member Nations of: Loon River First Nation – #476, Lubicon Lake Band – #453, Peerless Trout First Nation – #478, Whitefish Lake First Nation – #459 and Woodland Cree First Nation – #474. KTC was formed in 1995 to facilitate joint action by the member Nations on matters of mutual concern.
While there are many similarities between the Five (5) KTC member Nations, each has its own unique character and features. All are surrounded by a warmth and beauty rich with culture and traditions of the Cree people.
The primary role of the Tribal Council is to provide guidance and support to the individual member First Nations in developing and achieving success in the management and administration of their own programs with the intent of developing self-reliance.
Job Title: Nurse Practitioner
Positions: Full-Time Permanent (Negotiable part-time hours available) Location: Woodland Cree, Lubicon Lake, Peerless Trout, AB
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found
- Provide a variety of clinic services including but not limited to: Prenatal Care and Teaching, Well Women’s Health, STI testing and teaching, Teen Health clinics, and Chronic Disease management.
- Counselling and teaching including but not limited to: Contraceptives, healthy eating and active living, disease prevention and health promotion.
- Provide care to drop-in clients and assist with emergencies in the community.
- Assist with case management of complex Home Care Clients by providing home visits and assistance in the areas of Cognitive assessment, Placement process, Goals of Care, Palliative Care, etc.
- Collaborate and coordinate services with other members of the heath care team and agencies as required.
- Work independently as required.
- Ability to maintain accurate health records and fulfill reporting requirements.
- Effective interaction with clients, families, staff, supervisors and supporting agencies.
- Ensure that all program initiatives reflect the cultural values, traditions and customs of the Nation.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner education program. Active or eligible for registration and practice permit with CARNA
- Valid and current Level C Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Standard First Aid HCP Certificates.
Experience, Skills and Attributes:
- A minimum of three years of previous experience working as a Nurse Practitioner in a health centre is preferred. A combination of other experiences will be considered.
- Excellent and effective decision-making skills, oral and written skills, assessment skills, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, teaching skills and supervisory skills are required.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team with other care providers.
- Willing, capable and flexible in working to meet the needs of the health department.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Cree culture, organizations and communities
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of indigenous health care concerns and issues
- Possess a valid driver’s license and able to provide a driver’s abstract.
- Submission of clear Criminal Record Check and Child Intervention Check.
- Oath of Confidentiality must be signed prior to commencing employment.
A cover letter and resume with 3 professional references with one being a previous supervisor giving KTC expressed written permission to contact your references. Please send your complete package to:
Sonja Voyageur, Human Resource Manager at email@example.com
We sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.