Kee Tas Kee Now Tribal Council Education Authority
Post Secondary Transition Consultant
Walk with us on our journey towards Excellence in Indigenous Education. Kee Tas Kee Now Tribal Council Education Authority (KTCEA) serves six schools in five First Nation communities in Northern Alberta. KTCEA
was created as a result of the vision of KTC leadership and elders to provide a high quality, safe, and effective education system designed by Cree people to serve the needs of Cree students. Our programs and services reflect the unique Cree Language and Identity of the KTC Nations.
Position: Post Secondary Transition Consultant
Annual Salary: $100.00 per hour to a maximum of 50 hours/month
Employment Status: Contract ( 3 months)
Closing Date: Until Suitable Candidate is Found
Job ID #: KTCEA.2021.12
Workplace: KTCEA Outreach
Location: Atikameg, AB
Working with the KTCEA C&I Director and KTC HRSD Coordinator, this contractor will: Complete a Needs assessment survey. Creation of a work plan for a feasibility study project including the following:
- Completing a cost analysis for staffing options
- Exploring funding options for a post secondary transitions program
- Completing all necessary applications to have a KTC Virtual First Nations Post Secondary Institution
- Developing a vision and philosophy with strategic and operational plans to achieve the vision
- Establishing a strategy that will include goals, budgets, a business plan and performance indicators
- Identifying, prioritizing and managing the potential risks to KTC
- Providing accurate, complete and timely information to the KTC Board to enable it to meet its governance and legal responsibilities
- Ensuring compliance with significant policies and procedures by which KTC is operated.
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience in report writing
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of First Nations Language, Culture, Organizations and Communities.